Every therapy session is unique and caters to each individual or family and their specific goals. During therapy sessions, it is standard to talk about the primary issues and concerns in your life. I generally schedule a series of weekly sessions where each session lasts 50 minutes for individuals, 60 minutes for couples.
Therapy can be short-term, focusing on a specific issue; or longer-term, addressing more complex issues or ongoing personal growth. Between sessions, it is important to process what has been discussed and integrate it into your life. Psychotherapy is a collaborative endeavor. For therapy to be most effective, you must be an active participant both during and between the sessions.
IS THERAPY RIGHT FOR ME?
Therapy can provide insight and new perspectives into life's challenges and can help create solutions to difficult problems. Many people find that working with a therapist can enhance personal development, improve relationships and family dynamics, and can ease the challenges of daily life. Sometimes, just having someone there to listen is helpful. Overall, people in therapy tend to have lower levels of anxiety and stress, decreased conflict, and improved quality of life.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF THERAPY INCLUDE:
- Developing new skills for handling stress and anxiety
- Modifying unhealthy behavior and long-standing patterns
- Attaining insight into personal patterns and behavior
- Increasing confidence, peace, vitality, and well-being
- Improving ways to manage anger, depression and moods
- Discovering new ways to solve problems
- Navigating life’s obstacles more effectively
- Improving listening and communication skills
- Enhancing the overall quality of life